Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dee-ooh-gee, the Robot Guarding Dog Project

If you read my yesterday's blog, you may ask, "what is strange here, when you call it 'Strange Things Do Happen'?"

Did you see "paid leave"? How generous you think those bosses could be? I actually got it as an award :-). I will explain why it is strange some other day, after telling other stories first. But award is an award, I happily took it as the compensation they owe me.

Now, the most interesting thing for me is blogging. BTW, someone may ask me what is strange in yesterday's picture. Nothing, I just practiced uploading of photos. But on the 2nd thought, is biking at beach rare? That was the first time I saw people do it. I will post more of my "master pieces" :-) here for fun, they have nothing to do with the text part.

Return to the topic. I was told to update my resume, which I did. If you work as a contractor, you know you sometimes would be asked to do that. Surprised to see that I had to write several pagers for the past 5+ years work. You are right if you guessed that the project is about Robot Guarding Dog as in the title! No photos available, but if you saw Sony robot pet dog / cat as toys, you got the main idea and the virtual picture, just need to replace the "wagging the tail, trying to get attention, ..." with "guarding".

Not only that the project is cool, I gave it a cool shorter name too, "D-O-G" pronounced as "Dee-ooh-gee". My previous landlady's family has a very cute cat with the name "C-A-T" (pronunciation "See-ai-tee") - I just copied the pattern :-).

If you are contracted to work with the owner team on such D-O-G pond, you could expect that many funny things could happen - oops, why I use "funny" not "strange" here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have just learned and added a SiteMeter to my blog. Also read some experts' advices on how to get good traffic. Content is the most important thing! Need to concentrate on content for the time being. When good amount of contents are posted, could start "invitations" following their advices.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: