Thursday, May 24, 2007

Fiction vs. Reality

(Photo: fishing...)
"Reality is stranger than fiction" is a well known English phrase. When I google on this phrase, I like very much of this paragraph, quote: " Some stories are just too strange, too incredible to be made up, which is indeed a major limitation to the business of imagining the future. We are often constrained by what's believable, by what's plausible. So more and more I'm thinking about using real life historical tales to stretch people's imagination. "
(http://www.fuzzysignals.com/archives/2004/04/03/000080.html)

Disclaim: when I pick the blog "topic", I use "Strange things do happen" instead of "stranger things ..." or "strangest things ...", I meant to give you the hint on what I am writing. If I could only choose one word from two options (reality vs. fiction) to describe what any author wrote about, I would always use "fiction". Anyone knows anyone else who is capable of "reality-writing" :-)?

Return to our story.

No comments: